We know many of you are thinking about your summer holidays…
But we're excited as there's only six months to Christmas and five months 'til the Wickford at Christmas Street Fair!
Christmas is always somewhere in the minds of the committee members as we work year-round to organise and raise funds for the street fair and lights.
What we’ve been up to
- Visiting local councils to hear about funding opportunities
- Meeting with businesses in Wickford and nearby to generate support and donations
- Securing the permits and facilities to make the event happen
- Gathering stall and entertainment requests
- Updating and refreshing the pages on our website including a 2017 photo gallery
It takes £4,000 to put up the Christmas lights in Wickford every year and around £9,000 to put on the street fair event. We receive some money from the council and groups but the rest comes from donations and sponsorship made by local residents and businesses.
We can buy new lights if even more money is raised!
Keep in touch
Our About Us page has been updated with FAQs but if you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.
Look out for our future blogs about what's on, entertainment and stalls in the run up to Sunday 25th November!